Friday, August 29, 2008

Win a $5 Starbucks Card - No More Books!

Ok - I've had it. No more books! My books must feel like Shanda's shoes in the closet. Sitting there, alone, wanted once but now quickly put aside by the new one that comes into the house. As a result, I'm being crowded out by my books!! So - No More BOOKS!
No, I don't mean I'm not going to be reading. In fact, just the opposite. It's just that, well, I have too many that I've accumulated over the past 4 or 5 months and I have to get them read.

So here is my list of books that I'm going to try and knock down over the next 3 - 4 months or so. Some are half done, some are brand new this week.

I'm going to set a goal each Friday. If I don't make (and post)the goal for the week, the first reader to alert me to that fact after 10 PM Friday (in the comments section) will win a prize. If I make my goal, I get the prize. Deal? But here's the catch, you have to register in the comments section of this post by Monday @ 10 PM! The prize for this week will be a $5 Starbucks card.
here's My list:

  1. Serving God on the Christian School Board - Roy W. Lowrie,
  2. Boards that make a difference - by John Carver
  3. Fresh Ideas - by Diana Davis
  4. Becoming a True Spiritual community - Larry Crabb
  5. Community of Kindness - by Steve Sjogren and Rob Lewin
  6. Beyond the First Visit - Gary L. McIntosh
  7. First Impressions - by Mark L. Waltz
  8. Loving Homosexuals as Jesus would - by Mark L. Waltz
  9. With or without God - Gretta Vosper
  10. Emotionally Healthy Spiritually by Peter Scazzero
  11. Restoring the Christian Soul - by Leanne Payne
  12. Relational Apostolic Families - T.A. Osiowy
  13. Creating a World Without Poverty - Muhammad Yunus
  14. 11 Indispensible Relationships You Can’t Be Without - Leonard Sweet
  15. The Search to Belong - Joseph R. Myers
  16. Signs of Emergence - Kester Brewin
  17. Organic Community - Joseph R. Myers
  18. Emerging Churches - Eddie Gibbs / Ryan K. Bolger
  19. The Heart of a Father - Ken Canfield
Wow, that's a list so here's the goal (drum roll please....)
I will finish The Search to Belong (half done), and The Heart of a Father this week.
Register in the comments section....Not registered, no prize..

10 comments:

Scott said...

Count me in! Sounds like a worthy goal. While I'd love the Starbucks card I hope you get your books finished more.

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

Me too! Especially since Cdn. $ is worth more than US$ at the moment. Are you reading them all in 1 week each?

Anonymous said...

count me in but i'm not sure if i'm gaining by this or not...doesn't it all come from the same account?

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, but 10pm is past my bedtime!
Ang

Anonymous said...

I'm in!

Heather K said...

Hey can you send that Starbucks card to your favourite sister in Penticton??
But of course, I too would rather you finished the books up!! I have a similar pile...different topics but some of these look interesting..maybe when I've finished my STACK of unfinished books I'll add a couple from your list...maybe....

Heather K said...

Hey here's a title to add to your list...I'm sure you'd love it! The pastor at our Christian school recommended it to all of us on the development committee...although I think he recommends it to ALL parents. It's called "Hold onto Your Kids. Why Parents Need to Matter More than Peers" by Gordon Neufeld. You can check it out here:
http://www.gordonneufeld.com/book.php

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmmm, just looking over your list, I am always on the prowl for a good read...The Loving Homosexuals as Jesus would - by Mark L. Waltz caught my eye....but I think it is by Chad Thompson? Just a little by the by! Happy Reading, sounds like a challenging but great list!

Craig said...

rebecca - you are correct in that it is by chad thompson.
heather - i'll look at that book when i finish the 19 on the list...

Whittney said...

I'm in...but if I win does that mean you'll mail me my prize?! :) I like this idea it's a good motivator! Hope all is well CRraigs!!! ;)

Ootney