Thursday, March 19, 2009

Relevant or Revolutionary?


I was really challenged when I heard this quote from Matthew Barnett on Sunday..."If you want to be relevant, raise awareness of a problem. If you want to be revolutionary, do something to solve the problem."

That's a challenging statement no matter what the issue or problem that comes into view. Using this definition, I want to be more than relevant. However, too often I think that is what I've settled for.

Each of us come into contact with issues - some of which we are uniquely qualified to engage with our gifts/skills/talents, while others not so much. We will need the guidance of Father God to see which we are CALLED to. However, I think that too often we (or at least I) brush things off as being beyond us. I need to pray into the issue until the 'burden' of the problem lifts. If it doesn't lift, I believe that I need to ask Father what action He wants me to engage in.

Although it isn't always easy, I really think that I although I can't do everything I MUST be involved in doing my part and using my gifts/skills to solve certain issues that God places before me. With the help of Jesus, I will do my best to leave my rut for someone else to live in.

No comments: