Monday, April 6, 2009

Coming Soon

I've been trying to work politics in this blog over the past 8 months. I'm finding that I have much I'd like to write about, but also know that many of my readers are not that interested in wall to wall politics. Thus, I will be launching a new blog (in addition to this one) that will be nearly all politics. It's something I'm looking forward too and hope that you'll enjoy as well.

Why politics? I was raised on oatmeal porridge and politics, I think. My grandfather, mom and her brother have all whetted my appetite in this area. It is an area that I feel God would have me use my gifts and talents in. I attended my first real political party event at the age of 15. I listen to talk radio and have been know to mock 'stupid answers' by politicians and callers alike. I've lead political action campaigns (complete with megaphone...). I've been involved behind the scenes (door knocking, telephones, etc.) with municipal and federal campaigns. If you hang around me very long, I'll probably end up talking politics - local, provincial, federal or international. I am intrigued by the political process. I have even been known to watch the CPAC (Canadian parliamentary channel) for fun.

In any case, with a provincial election looming, there will be much to comment on. I'll put up the web address for the 2nd blog soon. It's going to be fun. My first post will be of great interest to Comox Valley residents...30+ million reasons for interest.

No comments: