Monday, April 27, 2009

I love this time of year!

I love spring time! 18 degrees, sun and warm. Awesome.

Once I got up, I started off the day by doing what any man loves to do. I rented some machines!! Ok, they weren't that exciting, but they were still pretty good. The aerator punched holes in the lawn to try and get the grass growing better.

After that, it was time to get the garden tilled. That took a fair bit of time and was pretty tiring. . I know it isn't tiring compared to using a pick and shovel like the rest of the world, but it was...ok it wasn't that bad.

Grandma Helen Brown is downsizing her garden so we are going to be using half of her garden space as well. So I went over and spent an hour getting Helen's half of the garden tilled. I will get to ours later.

Its great to get into spring!

Funny thing though - I was talking to a Telus operator while getting support for an issue with my phone. Usually when I'm waiting for something with an operator, I'll ask them where they are working from. This operator said she was from Calgary. So, I asked how the weather was. She said it was snowing and -5 Celsius and had been for 3 days! ha ha ha!! Not only do Albertans have 2 sucky hockey teams they can have snow at pretty much any month of the year!!

No comments: