Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm Glad I'm a Germaphobe...

People have been known to bug me about being a germaphobe. I don't share drinks, I wash my hands lots. I use hand sani when traveling. I wash the cup in the hotel room before I use it. I use paper or my sleeve when I grab the bathroom door. I don't use the top lid in the stack at Starbucks, etc. Today, I read a story that justifies my behaviour!!

Doctors in Arizona thought a Phoenix-area woman had a possible brain tumor,
but it turned out there was something else penetrating her brain – a worm.

Doctors removed the worm and don't believe Alvarez will have any lingering
health problems. No one knows exactly where she picked up the worm –- doctors
said worms can come from eating undercooked pork or spread by people who
don’t wash their hands after using the bathroom,
according to the
report.
“It only takes one person who is spreading it constantly to get a lot
of people exposed and some of those people are going to go on to develop this
problem,” Nakaji said.

Watch the video to see the whole story. It's AMAZING!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That does it. Yep I'll wash my hands. Lori

Heather K said...

Ha! That's funny Craig! I do all those things that you do...years ago I said something to Dad about using paper or my sleeve on the bathroom door...he said that he does the same thing...I laughed because at that point I thought I was the only one that did it...this was before hand sani was really heard of or any of that germ avoiding stuff! I'm afraid I've made a germaphobe out of my youngest! She will NOT eat anything at the hospital..even in the restaurant there..especially in grandma's room! And depending on WHO made the food in front of her at home or out..she just may not eat it! So I guess maybe we got it from Dad...not such a bad thing to "get" though is it?!
Doesn't it make you wanna go and deworm your dog!! :P yuck!

Craig said...

Let's just say that this made me 'squirm' ;-)

Anonymous said...

Craig - from one germaphobe to another: That video made me queezy