Sunday, January 18, 2009

Honouring Grandma Millar - with picture


Don't confuse this post with what I wrote Friday. Last Friday, January 9, I did the funeral service of my Grandma, Edith Mary Millar, who was almost 94 years old. She was a kind and gentle woman. She was one of the few people that I know who's intensely blue eyes actually twinkled when she was talking with you. She had a ready wit and could drop one-liners and give a little grin. She worked hard as a wife, mother and was a nurse as well for many years. She tended to believe the best in people. Those who spoke of her spoke of these qualities mentioned, but also of hospitality, generousity and joy. On top of that, I hope I have her genetics of long life and general good health (except for hearing loss). I'm thankful for the good heritage that I received from my Grandma. I honour her life and memory, and thank God for her life.

1 comment:

Heather K said...

very nice post Craig. Sorry about not getting those pictures to you. My camera is still saying that the battery is incompatible...I'll have to hunt down the other one...but something that small could be ANYWHERE!! :-S Maybe I'll see if one of my friends computer has a slot for a camera card...we'll see