Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Facts You Need to Know

Ever had that moment in a Trivial Pursuit game where you just wish you knew the answer? Tired of looking like a fool when someone pulls a fast one on you due to your lack of knowledge?

As someone who read encyclopedias as bed time reading, I can not only sympathize with you, I feel it is my duty to give you some facts YOU NEED TO KNOW.

Here's my contribution to making the world a better (and smarter) place. :-) (Okay, maybe nerdier...)

1. What sets the 1908 Olympics apart from all others? A. Motorboating was an Olympic event. Wow, what skill...

2. The average female opossum has 13 nipples. How many possums did some Nimrod have to count to get the 'average'?

3. Kanakoloka is the Hawaiin word for Santa Claus. I'd love to go to Hawaii this Christmas and try it out!

4. Quebec is twice the size of Texas. And Quebec still gets a cheque from the rest of Canada?

5. It's illegal in Indiana to open a can of food with a gun. Wonder how many times this happened before they had to make it illegal?

6. 23% of American couples sleep in separate beds.

7. Men can read smaller print than women,
and WOMEN CAN HEAR BETTER. That's why a man can read the small print on the newspaper but still can't hear his wife. It's also why you need to take your husband shopping with you - He CAN READ THE PRICE.

8. How do you say Merry Christmas in Japanese? Merii Kurisumasu. Now try and say it. That almost sounds made up, doesn't it - but it's not!

9. In 1965, the average CEO earned 65 times what their factory workers did. In 1999, 419 times! For perspective, if a worker made $40,000, the CEO make over 16 million! That must really build the team feeling.

1 comment:

Heather K said...

Craig...I have to say that I share your infatuation with useless facts... well they're only useless to those that don't enjoy them!!! Anyway...I too remember reading the encyclopedia for fun...I have to admit that I've also done that as an adult! :P It seems that I've passed this trait on to my children...as I believe you have! Mine love to read the encyclopedia...even if they're from the '70's! We have some from the '60's and they are absolutely hilarious...apparently it didn't have to be a "fact" to get into the encyclopedia back then!