Sunday, December 28, 2008

Changing My Last Name to Aardvark


I've found the winning secret for my next big announcement - Aardvark is my name!

Candidates whose names top the ballot tend to do better in local elections.

Bruce Hallsor, president of Fair Voting B.C., said most voters usually have three or four names in mind going into the voter booth, and then look down the list for the rest, starting at the top.

"If you are near the top of a ballot, or near the bottom, you have an advantage over people in the middle," he said. "It's not fair to favour candidates."

My name was #6 - right in the middle!! Now I know why I lost. It wasn't my relative inexperience, my little known name in the town, spending 3 weeks away in Africa during the campaign or the power of incumbency. It was my name or its position on the ballot! Change that and I'm a winner! ;-)

1 comment:

Scott said...

Welcome to city hall Mr. Aardvark!