Friday, February 13, 2009

The Valentine a Wife Really Needs

In the book, He Said, She Said : Candid Conversations about the Making of a Great Marriage, Bill & Anabel Gillham listed some of the top ways women finish this statement:

I wish my husband would love me by …

  1. Listening to me.
  2. Taking my “petty problems” seriously.
  3. Noticing me more - not just when he wants sex.
  4. Saying “thank you” for the things I do.
  5. Being interested in my life … at least acting like you’re interested.
  6. Showing affection when other people are around.
  7. Sharing his goals and values with me, talking his business over with me.
  8. Taking me out without the kids more - maybe just for a ride.
  9. Including me in the things he does.
  10. Just holding me in his arms and talking to me.
  11. Being tender - using kind, tender words.
  12. Helping in the discipline of the children.
  13. Accepting me just as I am.
  14. Spending more time with the family.


No comments: