Sunday, September 7, 2008

Great God, Great Day

What a great day! Sunday is always one of my favourite days of the week, but particularly so when we launch a new season of ministry each fall. here are my highlights of today:

1. 2 HOT new worship songs written by our worship leaders! The songs were powerful and really expressed God's heart. Great job!

2. An awesome sermon! Pastor Scott talked about our theme for the year, "Restore". Isaiah 58:6-8. Scott did a great job of challenging us, yet not condemning or guilting. 'compassion based activism'. Yea Scott! Yea God!

3. I had 3 hour nap today. This is not me, but I really needed one! Ordinarily, I don't like naps as they leave me feeling groggy for an hour after i wake up. I was so tired because I got up at 3 am this morning - couldn't sleep after one of the kids woke me to tell me she'd had a bad dream. I really don't mind waking up for those. It was something that happened regularly to me as a child

4.I just came from an Alpha leaders training meeting. Truthfully, as I was driving there I was still feeling groggy from my nap. As we talked afterwards, it was invigorating to hear some testimonies of people now leading Alpha:
"When I first came to Alpha, i was afraid to pray out loud. Now, I'm much
bolder." "I remember the joy of bringing a friend who had never heard of the
death and resurrection of Jesus.
She is not a christian yet, but she is now
coming to church occasionally." "I was so discouraged as the people in my
group hardly spoke the first 6 weeks. Then 2 of them gave their lives to Jesus
at the Holy Spirit weekend." "I saw a lady that came to my group is now part of
another church - she's given her life to Jesus!" What a great way to end the
evening...but there's more!


5. I got a text that one of our former Master's Commission students, Victoria Katongo, got engaged tonight to her beau, Kato!

Thank you God for a great church and family to be a part of!

No comments: