Saturday, September 27, 2008

There's going to be a party!


Well, the work to get elected is beginning to roll. I worked with Adam today on getting some photos. Actually, Adam worked and I was the subject! I'm usually on the other side of the camera so that was different.
I bought my domain name today http://www.craigmillar.ca/ It isn't active yet, but I hope to roll out a website in the next week or two.
Someone is working on a press release to go out on Monday or Tuesday.
Tuesday is the earliest that I can file my papers, but it will have to wait until Thursday as I'm out of town S - W.

There will be lots of work to do. Some of the practical ways you can support are:


  • prayer

  • Promotional material (flyers, brochures)

  • Promotional material design

  • canvassing (door knocking and getting the message out, hearing what the issues are)

  • researching

  • getting money (need about $3000)

  • putting out signs (after Halloween)

  • phoning

  • showing up at any all-candidates meetings. We'll advise when those dates are.

  • Talking up our campaign up with friends and work associates

We will be organizing a 'launch party' next Friday. At that time, I'll take some time to explain why I'm running and what I want to see happen in Courtenay. This will not be exclusively for people from Courtenay. This will be a party for people that want to help in ANY way - big or small. If you want to come to the party or know someone that does, send me an email at craig@ngate.ca or us5millars@telus.net and I'll pass on the details.

I'll keep you posted as to when the website rolls out...


2 comments:

Scott said...

Sounds fantastic! Count us in for helping. We'd be at the party on Friday but we'll be out of town. I think this is great!!

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

We'll be praying for you! You'll be a great influence in that position.